Sunday, January 30, 2011

I love Sundays!

I love Sundays. The guy pool in our ward is getting better.. I am not gonna lie! I love that BUT what I love more is the spirit I feel when I go to that building and I am reminded of what is most important. Today in sunday school the lesson was called "To be born again" What do you think of when you hear that? To be born again? I didnt know if this was correct but the first thing I thought of was someone that truly comes to know not only Jesus Christ but the true church. We then watched a movie. It was about a guy that had wavering faith. It was hard to believe in something he couldnt see. The video then showed the life of Christ. All the marvelous things he did while he was physically here on thee earth. It showed how he healed the sick and the blind. It showed how he walked on water. It showed how he could calm the seas. WOW! He is and was amazing!

        During the movie I wrote down things that really stuck out to me. One thing he said that I wrote down was, "No man cometh to the father but by me." There is no other way to return to him unless we have Christ in our life!  Another thing was, "Come unto me and I shall give ye rest." So not only do we need him to return but we need him in our life to find comfort and to be happy! I dont know how many times I have watched movies with the atonement scene in it but EVERYTIME I watch it I cry.. It is something really personal to me! That man is so merciful and I am so thankful for that!

     You wanna know a question I always ask myself? If I was a Nephite when Christ went and visited the Nephites for 3 days. What would I do? How would I act? What would I ask him??
When I look at this picture. I ponder for a long time. I try to figure out which one I would be. The man hiding in the shadows of the building? The man with his hands in his face just sobbing? The man praying? Or the people reaching out to him? I think I would be one of the people reaching out for him But I guess I will never know. Just something cool to think about. Where do you think you would be?? 

Anyways... At the end of the movie it goes back to the man with such little faith and it was talking about how we go through trials to test our faith. You shouldnt have to see something just to know it is there. Jesus said in that video, "Blessed are ye who have not seen but believe."
Hey that is me! Like I said before. I love sundays!

No comments:

Post a Comment