Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hurray for Temples! :D

I decided ever Sunday I am gonna make a post about something spiritual. I absolutely love temples. WELL duh I love temples, right? That is the only way you can be with your family forever and live for eternity. I completely believe that. This has been a great weekend. I was able to go to the Temple twice yesterday. I was the only one that didnt go inside because I couldnt find my recommend, BUT to be honest with you I really enjoyed sitting outside the temple for awhile.I definitely recommend it! I was able to sit out there and ponder, read my scriptures, write in my journal, and take pictures for a couple hours. You know how being by yourself makes you think a lot.?Well being by yourself at the temple is even more intense! I am so blessed to have the Temple 3 minutes from my casa. :) We read about families that wait their whole life to go, saving money just to make one visit in their life time. WOW! It makes me realize how much I take that for granted. It is selfish of me. I am disappointed to say that I do not attend the Temple weekly like I did last semester! This is about to change!


 These were just a couple of the pictures I took While I was at the Temple!! It was a beautiful day!


This was after my sisters came out. It was a big group that went to the temple Saturday morning but This is just a "tender" sister one! :)

 Later that day we went back because my roommate and her awesome sister that is visiting wanted to go take pictures.
 That Evening!
 I think the Lord has a sense of Humor! He digs this kind of stuff!
 I love my roommate!
 Us... On the train tracks!
The temple at night.. Mmm I love it!

When I used to go to the temple I never took it too serious. Until I was listening to one talk that talked about The temple and how Jesus Christ our Savior has walked the halls of the temple. The Savior has LITERALLY walked where I have walked. That is huge and something that should be very sacred! The Gila Valley Temple already holds a very special place in my heart. I have had great memories there already and I was able to witness the dedication. I was also able to go see the tour of the temple before it was dedicated. It was so Beautiful! The sealing room got me emotional because I was never able to be sealed to my parents or family! :( It is totally ok though cause I will have my own family one day and I WILL be sealed for all time and eternity. It just makes me want to strive for it even harder. 

I love to see the temple. I am going there someday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment